Role Description - NSAWA Treasurer
The Treasurer is responsible for carrying out financial transactions as directed by the NSAWA executive, working with Sport NS to keep and maintain the association’s financial records, and keeping the membership informed of its financial position throughout the year.
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Has some financial expertise (two years of bookkeeping experience or three years of an accounting degree preferred).
- Ability to maintain accurate records in conjunction with Sport Nova Scotia
- Dedicated to helping achieve Association success
- Computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Act as a member of the Executive on the Board of Directors.
- Administer all financial affairs of the association.
- Maintain accurate financial records and prepare financial statements (e.g.
profit and loss statement / budget etc.).
- Present a financial report to the board of directors at conference meetings and
at the Annual General Meeting.
- Distribute, collect and log all membership forms and monies in conjunction with
the Secretary and the PSO coordinator.
- Act as an authorized signatory for the NSAWA bank account and monitor the
account if particular payments made.